Sunday, June 29, 2008

Diablo III: The Return to Tristram

And so, yesterday, June 28, 2008, 8 years to the day since the release of Diablo II, Blizzard Entertainment officially announced the long-awaited Diablo III. I'm particularly overjoyed, because, as you will remember, not only am I a big Blizzard fan, but the Diablo series is one of my favorites. Diablo 2 was my PC game of choice from 2000 to 2004. Check out the official Diablo III site and be sure to download the 20-minute-long gameplay video. It's amazing. Blizzard revealed that Diablo III has actually been in development for four years and the game already looks incredibly polished and fun. It's nice to see that Blizzard is taking the same "don't mess with success" approach to Diablo III that they are taking to Starcraft 2. Prediction: Diablo III will be the game to tear me away from World of Warcraft, but it will be a number of years before that happens.

No comments: