Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy 40th Birthday Star Trek!

I was 9 years old and living in New York on September 8, 1966. AT 8:30 PM EST on that evening on the NBC TV network, a new science fiction series premiered that would change my life and television in general. The name of the series was Star Trek and the impact of the original TV series is still felt to this day. Star Trek remains my favorite TV series of all time. I can't understate how much Star Trek has meant to me while growing up and in my adult life. Captain James T. Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. "Bones" McCoy are more than just pop culture icons to me; they are important characters that breathed life into science fiction stories that I have enjoyed for 40 years. They are like family to me. Happy Birthday Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry would be proud! Learn more about Star Trek at http://www.startrek.com.

No comments: