Saturday, September 11, 2004

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

I loved the first two Playstation Resident Evil games and I really enjoyed the first movie. This direct sequel to the first RE movie was pretty good and, as with other flicks this year, I got to see this one for free with the gratis ticket inside the Resident Evil DE DVD. More zombie-bashing fun awaits in Apocalypse although I thought that it took an unexpected path. The end of the film paves the way for a RE3. Hopefully RE:A will be successful so that Mila can continue to kick some zombie ass in #3. If so, I'll be there for that one too. I'm so happy about the recent success of films like 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead (set to hit the states later this month). I am a proud zombie flick fanatic from way back. I've been there since the very beginning back in the halcyon days of Night of the Living Dead in the late 1960's. I'd debate the relative merits of the films of George Romero and more recent inspired gems like Cabin Fever with anyone. So, Apocalypse was lots of fun for me. And it was fun preparing to see it by viewing the first Resident Evil again too.

No comments: