Saturday, April 17, 2004

Kill Bill

Kill Bill. As I mentioned back last year, I was (at that time) really looking forward to this film. Quentin ("Q") Tarantino is one of my Top 5 directors and it had been way too long since Jackie Brown. Q's Pulp Fiction is also one of my all-time favorite movies and I was wondering how this pinnacle of filmmaking acheivement could possibly compare to Kill Bill. I'm happy to say that, after repeated viewings of Volume 1 and this weekend's premiere showing of Volume 2, Kill Bill is Q's new masterpiece. It's chockablock full of Q's unique dialogue and is, at one time, lots of different films all rolled into one. It's a revenge flick, it's a spaghetti western, it's a kung-fu movie, it's anime, it's a murder mystery, it's an exploitation film. But, of course, it's none of those things...it's just one thing: another Supercool Manchu Quentin Tarantino vision of the extreme. If you saw Volume 1 and have yet to see 2, take my word for it: you're gonna love the end of this saga. Volume 2 is almost completely different than Volume 1 in both style and content. And it works! So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself to the multiplex!

No comments: