Saturday, May 05, 2001

The Mummy Returns

So, after purchasing The Ultimate Mummy DVD set, which contained a ticket for one free admission to The Mummy Returns, I made my way to the Lowes theatres near the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ. I had just watched The Mummy DVD again so that I had the first film firmly in mind while seeing the sequel.

I was glad that I had made those preparations because The Mummy Returns is a true sequel in that it builds upon the activities in the first movie and is a continuation of those events. It takes place several years after the original film, but all of the central characters are back, reprising their original roles. Appearing for the first time in the sequel is The Rock as the The Scorpion King. Mr. Rock is suitably menacing in the beginning of the movie and is part of perhaps the best of the special effects of the film.

I really liked this movie and consider it to be an even better movie than the original. See it if you liked the first one. See it soon too, as the summer will be filled with other great movies to see in no time! Check out The Mummy web site for more information!

No comments: