Saturday, December 19, 2009

Avatar Was Astounding!


I really enjoyed seeing James Cameron's new movie Avatar in IMAX 3D on Friday, December 18, 2009 at the AMC 24 Hamilton. It was a spectacular film, filled with so many great moments. The 3D was truly revolutionary and didn't surpass the film's emotional power as much as support it. Many moments reminded me of some of my experiences playing World of Warcraft. The floating mountains in the film reminded me of those in Nagrand in Outland. The flying dragons reminded me of players flying their own in WoW. The giant tree in which Pandora's denizens dwell made me recall the giant World Tree of Teldrassil in which the Night Elves live. And the mechs and military brought to mind some elements of Starcraft. All of these similarities didn't diminish my enjoyment of the movie at all. Avatar stands as one of my favorite films of 2009.

No comments: