Sunday, April 12, 2009

Technology Tapas: Del.icio.us

This week's Technology Tapas topic is Social Bookmarking and Web 2.0 Applications. As part of the activity, I set up a Delicious account and began adding bookmarks, tagging the bookmarks all the time. I am discovering other users' lists of bookmarks and searching their lists by tag name in order to find what I want. Delicious is a great and convenient tool, one that I knew about before Tapas but never had the time to explore. One aspect of Delicious that will be convenient for me is to be able to have a bookmarks list accessible from anywhere I have an Internet connection. Being able to easily organize these bookmarks by subject through tagging will certainly be of value. And certainly being able to draw from the bookmarks of others when searching for information will be a useful tool.

No comments: