Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

For the first time in awhile, I saw a new blockbuster film on opening day. Not much of a crowd, just the usual suspects. Some of them were particularly rude, reminding me of why I avoid crowded movie theaters of late. The movie, however, was great! Harrison Ford, older by 19 years, cavorts around in the year of my birth, 1957. Atomic bombs go off, KGB agents are hunting down Indy and even Area 51 is opened up! Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones (which means he's great!) and there are plenty of references to stuff that you loved in the previous three films. IMHO, Raiders of the Lost Ark is still the best Indy film, but I enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as much or more than I liked the second and third movies. An enjoyable movie going experience in a fun summer movie season so far.

No comments: