Saturday, March 15, 2008

At Last, Jesus of Cool.

I have been a fan of Nick Lowe for a long time. I remember the days of his first solo recordings, but not Brinsley Schwarz. I loved his production of Elvis Costello. His music with Rockpile was legendary. I like his current music too, and thought that "The Beast in Me" was a great addition to the soundtrack of The Sopranos. There have been two CDs of his that I have been after for a long time, his first one Pure Pop for Now People and Labour of Lust. Well, PPfNP is now back in print, bearing the title of its UK incarnation, Jesus of Cool. Painstakingly remastered and with a whole host of bonus cuts, the album is a great package. Yep Roc Records did a great job with this. Thank you Yep Roc and please bring Labour of Lust back into print next!

No comments: