Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Smorgasbord of Alan Moore Interviews

You may also know that I am huge fan of Alan Moore: my favorite comic book writer of all time. I hope to be just like him when I grow up. I have been a fan since Alan's work at DC Comics in the early '80's, when he was writing Swamp Thing and creating characters like John Constantine. We were doing collection development in the library today and Alan's name came up, connected with the upcoming Lost Girls hardcover. I found a clearinghouse of recent interviews with Alan and many of them are quite amusing and informative. Definitely check out the two-parter with Cinescape, and a fascinating interview with Alan by MTV and the SuicideGirls interview in which he talks about why he is a pedestrian. Alan Moore, I bow to you, even though you aren't interested in the film versions of your works.

No comments: