Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Spine

The new They Might Be Giants album, The Spine, is in stores now! I love it and I can’t wait to see some of the songs preformed live! Favorite songs: Bastard Wants to Hit Me (IMHO, one of the best TMBG songs of the last decade - there is a nice live version that you can download for free on http://www.tmbg.com – I really hope that they use the Vocorder live when I see them on July 29th), Experimental Film (WOW), Memo to Human Resources (already familiar from the Indestructible Object EP), Prevenge (this word will now officially become part of my vocabulary), Au Contraire (see Memo…), Wearing a Raincoat. I like the way the cuts Spine and Spines precede Memo to Human Resources and Au Contraire. Some of Flansy’s songs reminded me very much of his Mono Puff stuff. Linnell is sounding extra nasal, especially on Wearing a Raincoat. Nice! Love the cover illustrations and the fold-out lyrics. I do wish that they would occasionally put pictures of the Johns and Band of Dans in. Overall, very nice. Can’t stop listening to it. Do I want to? NOOOOOOOO!

No comments: